Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ancient Capital of China


During m time in Xi’an I remember visiting a few interesting places. The first day in Xi’an the group and myself went to visit a museum in which I learned a lot about Chinese history. One thing I remember learning is the rule of the first emperor of China, who became emperor at the age of 13. Something very important that this emperor achieved was the unification of China.

The second day in Xi’an the group and I went to visit the city walls of Xi’an, where we all rode bikes. During this time, I decided to try to teach Monica how to ride a bike because she didn’t know how to ride one. Before we all went to the Xi’an wall, we first went to visit a bell tower and a drum tower where I heard a lot of beautiful music. One interesting thing that I saw there was that drums come in different sizes and shapes.





The last day in Xi’an we went to visit a pottery museum where we were taught how to make miniature terracotta soldiers. After we learned how to make a mini-terracotta soldier we explored the museum and we looked at many sculptures. After the museum we went to visit the actual terracotta soldier museum, which was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment