Sunday, August 28, 2011

Living in Nanjing


Living with my host family has been a great experience for many reasons. One of these reasons is because they make me feel right at home. Another reason is because they like to make me feel as if I don’t need to move a muscle because they try to do everything for me, even when I ask them repeatedly not to do everything for me. Time, my host student, has been like a big brother to me, because he’s always looking out for me and he’s always telling funny jokes.
Welcome lunch at Nanjing Foreign Language Academy


 
Getting mobbed by adoring fans

Learning calligraphy

During most of the time I have spent with my host family, I’ve been busy finishing my schoolwork and reading a book. These were some of the things I did when I wasn’t at school or being entertained by the family. What the family did to keep me entertained was to take me out to a park to play basketball, or they’d put me to watch movies. During one of the days of the week, the family took us to a restaurant where I met some of my host student’s dad and friends.

The food I’ve received from my host family has been some of the most delicious food I’ve ever tasted. Most of the food that I tasted was new and different from what I’ve eaten before. For example, I tried some kind of lamb which to me tasted a lot like chicken. Another new food I tasted was duck, which is something I’ve fallen in love with. I think that real Chinese food is better than American-Chinese food.

Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment