Monday, August 29, 2011

New York

So we’ve finally arrived to our own city. The Big Apple! Now we only had one week to catch up on or rest and sleeping, oh and homework too. Then the students came to New York. This is where the fun began for the second time. 

After we picked them up at the airport we separated. We took Peter to eat, since he was more hungry than tired. We ate the usual, rice, beans, chicken and beef. We let him try both beef and chicken. He surprised us by bringing some more tea that the father always made. Since it was late we didn’t do much, especially with him almost knocking out. This time it was my turn to take care and lookout for Peter. It was funny how we really did grow a bond as brothers. We kept playing jokes and pranks on each other. We kind of figured out the each other’s secret. And we talked like we were brothers. I guess all that time being together and having each other’s back made this possible. We went to go buy some souvenirs. He bought like one or two things the first time. The parents thought it would be good to take them out to a restaurant together.   So we all went to Olive Garden.  There was two funny things I noticed. One was that my father was sitting on one the end side of the table and I was sitting on the other side. Second was that it was funny seeing the Chinese Students eating. They couldn’t eat their beef because it was hard for them to cut it. They were also a bit more relaxed and laid back than in China. The next few days the teacher took us all out to some sights and to eat at a restaurant.  Peter kept asking when we would eat at home again. But to his surprise we took him to visit one of my aunts. There we ate some rice, lentils, and some other style of beef. He loved it. My aunt and uncle were very happy. They then gave him a present. This reminded me of when I went to Peter’s grandparents. I started to realize that I missed them all. 

Another thing was how popular the students were at school. They were always asking about Peter. Even after they left. Peter told me this is how it was when I was in china too. It was fun having him. But he didn’t like going to sleep late or sleeping late either. Then came the last days. We gave him some gifts to take home to the family and his friends and for himself too. He really liked it all. It was the least I could for the same way they took care of me. I miss those guys. We all became one big family, but we were closer back then than now. But we are still close, it’s just that time keeps interfering. I still keep on touch with peter emailing and on QQ



Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment