Sunday, August 28, 2011

Xi'an


We went to the drum tower and saw a performance. Then Jose bought an ancient Chinese instrument (which I quickly learned to  play). We walked around then to the bell tower. It was kind of the same. Afterwards we went to the City Wall gates. It was pretty long, so we rented some bikes. At first I was kind of nervous, because it’s been about 6-7 years since I last tried it, and I wasn’t even that good back then. But thanks to the little pride I had left (it was mostly destroyed by Alex and the other girls), I didn’t tell anyone, so I struggled for the first 5 minutes. Alex came back to laugh and make sure I was ok. Then I got it. I felt super awesome. But almost ¾ of the way going, the chain came loose. Thanks to my cousins in Ecuador I remembered something about bicycles chains so I fixed it. But coming back the chain broke twice more. So I found out the chain had a small dent which made it stick, then loose. Alex waited with me while Ms. McMurdo went with the others to drop them off. Ms. Lo then left to tell Ms. McMurdo to pick me up on the tandem bike. She finally returned, but with the passenger seat too small for me to even put my food on the pedals. So Alex had me borrow her bike, and we got back no problem. This was pretty fun. Then we returned to our 5-star hotel until the next day.


We went to see the terracotta soldiers, and how people make their own new ones to sell. We made our own but couldn’t take it since it takes a week to harden. We then went to the train, and arrived after taking a nap (my picture was taken so I lost the sleep-photo war). Jose and I finished our drafts of our powerpoint so we went to crash with the girls. We had fun and decided to mingle with the locals. That was a failure, so we went back. We laughed some more and then watched a movie, but we all fell asleep, the 6 of us. The way we slept was pretty much organizedish. I had laughed at what some people did at the middle of the night, like calling for some verbs. Next morning we found out our teachers had woken up thinking about breakfast, then Jose and my disappearance!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment