Monday, August 29, 2011

Home in New York


During the time that Tim, the student i was hosting who stood in my house i was a bit unsure about how things were going to happen. But it all turned out to be great. I say this because while I was hosting I had a lot of time to spend with him and to teach him a little bit about my culture and american culture. 

The first night he arrived to the U.S. my parents, my friend, and I took Tim to a Dominican restaurant to show him that we welcome him to our home and to have him eat because my parents weren't really in the mood for cooking. The second day I took Tim to the park in front of my building to play some american basketball with my stepfather,two friends of mine, some random people in the park, and I. From the looks of it I think he really enjoyed basketball at the park because of two reasons, one because basketball is his favorite sport and two because I think he saw the differences of basketball here in America then the one in China. The rest of the time while he was in my home we went out to eat dinner at restaurants and to take the Chinese people out to see and explore New York. During the first week the Chinese people had a trip to Washington D.C. where they visited the Niagara Falls. When they returned we kept them busy every day by visiting restaurants and each others homes to get to know each other more and just have fun while hanging out together. I really enjoyed having Tim staying over at my home, and if i were to ever get another chance to do it I would do it again!

Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment