Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life in Nanjing



Peter picked me up with his uncle. We went to his grandparents’ house who were preparing a meal for me. Homemade cChinese dumplings! So before the food was ready, Peter and I walked around a bit. I met their 4-month-old dog, Chocolate. During our walk I learned a lot about Peter.. After our walk, our meal was ready. I was glad that for breakfast I shared some noodles from Alex, because I had A LOT of dumplings in my bowl. I also had spicy lamb leg. It was big, but delicious. The family smiled ad said I knew how to use the chopsticks very well. They found out I loved beef and pork. After lunch, we went home. Peter’s mom is a teacher and his dad was in the army and is now a professor for the army. Peter’s mom took me to Sun Yatsen’s coffin and mausoleum. We took lots of pictures and then walked around. I learned more about Peter and what he plans for his future. He admires his grandpa for being a hard worker. When we came back the dad had prepared noodles where were good. Then the dad prepared us tea twenty minutes later. After that we watched some basketball.

On Monday, Peter woke me up at 6am. I got ready quickly, ate breakfast, and brushed my teeth. Breakfast was bread, sausage, egg, apple juice, and ricey water. It was all good. Then we left the house at 6:35. Peter lent me a light jacket because it was kind of chilly. Peter’s dad drove us to school, so we got there early. I met all the students in Peter’s class. They are all so friendly. I ran into Julian and Alex, who came running to say hi. We each went back to class, and Monica and Keyla were in my class as well. We read and observed the class. We got hungry during breaks so a few of our classmates gave me a chocolate cookie, and a cup to drink water from the back of the class.

Well the rest of the week was a blast. We went to school and had our own classes. On Tuesday all of us except Jose and Time, went to get some snacks, which were delicious. We had dinner, karaoke, games, and dances. We all boned closer to our host families. Peter’s parents were great, they loved that I ate a lot and drank a lot of tea. I played ping-pong a lot, I got better especially since I don’t play it much. At home we have an independent schedule, from when we left to school, to whatever goes on until it’s time to sleep. On Saturday I went on a motorcycle to a dinner with Peter, Tim, Jose, and John. I was the only one who clapped and talked to the server. I had a great time. The family gave me some gifts. I’m wearing one right now! I wish I could go back with the same people.

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment